Hear this episode in full: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1851547/10546721-mental-health-awareness-
Welcome to my Show podcast with Queen the Prophet. Hear this episode in full at “Mind, Body & Soul ” at https://www.buzzsprout.com/1851547/10053341-mind-body-soul
Seeing as how it’s the first day of March (2015), what better way to jump into a new season then to launch something new? (Not to mention, March is Social Worker’s month!) I’d like to take the time to introduce to you a brand new blog section (that you now can find right at the top of the home screen menu bar via queentheprophet.com) “Ask QTP” which will be a good o’l fashioned advice column.
I regularly get approached on my social media handles with questions about something I posted or just people reaching out for some advice or insight on a certain subject matter that I posted and most of the time I’m being asked something that a lot of people could probably benefit from. So, I decided to give this a whirl and we’ll see how it goes. Please read the submission instructions carefully below. As always, thank you for reading & your continued support!
“ASK QTP” Submission Instructions:
- Email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org (You MUST put “ASK QTP” in the subject line)
- Your inquiry should be an actual situation or question you would like answered or expounded on. I will be more then happy to answer personal questions as long as the content is reasonably appropriate
- If your submission is selected for posting, the reply will be posted publicly under the “Ask QTP” section
- Please make sure you sign your email exactly how you want to be addressed in a public reply. Please DO NOT use your full legal name! You can make up a name or use a first name, last initial with your State/ Country. (i.e. Ruby D, New Jersey, Wondering, Canada)
- If you are in an immediate crisis, please call your local emergency numbers
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1 (800) 273-8255
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1 (800) 799-7233
Hope Line 1 (877) 235-4525
For a more complete list of crisis/ help lines in the U.S.:
I think I’m long overdue to step on some toes. I’m going to destroy an idea that too many people have with the truth. The truth is God loves you. Period, point blank, end of story. People may not love you… hell, most people won’t even like you but that’s okay! My belief is if they don’t own some sort of heaven or hell to put you in? Don’t worry about it.
Fam, life is a test. We may not always understand it or agree with it but everything is an opportunity for you to accumulate wisdom and grow… even the things that hurt. Have you ever heard the term growing pains? It’s true. Growing hurts. Most of the time, a breakdown is right before a break through and a setback is actually a set up for something greater.
Nobody walking the earth is perfect and anyone who says they are is a liar. The hardest enemy you will ever face off against is yourself. Our thoughts, emotions, fears, experiences, joy’s, hurt’s, & pains are all personal. They happened to YOU. They have shaped and molded what you perceive reality to be. This though, is not a free pass for you to behave like a moron. We all have had things happen to us, we have all had moments where we felt like God forgot about us and questioned the significance of our very existence. Here’s the thing though, you must conquer those things and the emotions that are attached to them or you are giving them permission to wreak havoc on the rest of your life and your relationships. You will never be perfect, you will mess up…. But you can’t give up.
Check your baggage before boarding!
If you have ever traveled by airplane you know that your baggage is only allowed to weigh a certain amount or it will not be boarded. Some of your bags are too big to be carry-on’s and must be stored at another part of the plane while some bags you can carry on the plane. Both sets however, must meet the weight requirements. How much trouble would it save us if before we decided to date someone, we could put their soul on a spiritual baggage scale? We’d then know in a moment if this soul was too heavy to fly with.(BRAINFOOD… Pay attention)
Unfortunatley, lots of us move from relationship to relationship and never check our baggage before boarding. This often times results in us repeating the same cycle in relationships, often with similar patterns or problems. Checking your baggage can be a lengthy and painful process sometimes. Only you and God know what truly has formed your thoughts, behaviors, and emotions over the course of your life. It is not fair for you to get into a relationship with someone else without taking a self inventory of what you’re bringing to the table. Take a look at the list below and answer the following questions honestly.
- I have been a victim/witness/abuser of child abuse
- I have been a victim/witness/abuser of sexual abuse
- I have been a victim/ witness/abuser of domestic violence
- I have been married before
- I have been divorced
- I am legally separated
- I have no contact with any family
- I have been homeless
- I have experienced substance abuse either self or family
- I have experienced a horrific disaster natural or otherwise
- I have filed bankruptcy
- I have been incarcerated
- I have experienced trouble with the law self or immediate family
- I have been a victim/witness/abuser of spiritual abuse either by family or ministry
- I have been adopted
- I was raised in foster care
- I have an un-treated mental illness
- I was raised by family other than my peternal Mother and Father
- I was raised in a single parent home
- I have children and have never been married
- I have unresolved immediate family issues
All of us (including myself) have experienced these kinds of things in life. These kinds of things chart paths in our lives and sometimes leave lasting impressions. Relationships are most successful when the two people involved are both whole people on their own FIRST. Two half people don’t make two whole. We have to give ourselves permission to heal and ask for help sometimes. I point these things out because unhealed pain from those things can start growing weeds in every other area of your life. Give yourself permission to get to know yourself. It is so unfair to make another person pay for a heart they didn’t break. It’s mostly though, unfair to yourself. Life is short, it’s percious. Live it at it’s maximum capacity, especially in love.